Sep 2, 2008

Our Camping Trip . . .

I went camping over the long weekend with my mom and Denita and her family. The boys spent the time with their dad . . . . they don't "get" the camping experience.

Mom took her horse and Denita took one of hers. While I didn't do much riding, I really enjoyed the camping experience.



Last month, in preparation, I bought a huge 10x20 tent from Jen . . . uh yeah . . . this is the Hilton of tents!! With Jen and Adam's air mattress, I slept very comfortably! Although it was a bit cold the first night.


We cooked over a campfire and do need to hone my fire starting/maintenance skills . . . but the food was delish!! In the mornings, I made sausage with peppers and onions, bacan and eggs . . .


It was great to spend time with family and enjoy the outdoors in such an intimate way . . .

No comments: