Apr 14, 2008

Just what I needed to hear . . .

Bradley and I just got back from the most tremendous sushi meal at Mikado's in Mechanicsburg . . . part of my "spend more quality time with Bradley plan" implemented over the last week or so.

Before I start working, I'm catching up on some favorites blogs and came across this quote at a blog called SuperHero Journal:

You are exactly where you need to be.
You are not missing out, falling behind, doing it wrong, not trying hard enough.
You are doing more than enough.
Whatever opinions you have about it, however imperfect, this is yours.
Where you are right now. Sitting here surfing the internet even. Is perfect.


Jamie comes home again tomorrow - hopefully to stay this time. My normal must-do list is a joke now . . . there are just not enough hours in the day for all the new must-do's plus the old . . . I suppose it was weeks ago (feels like months) that I threw my hands up and felt as though I gave up on "normal." My last several weeks have focused on doctor appointments, resource research, hospital visits and getting a hold of professionals who hold the link to the next step for Jamie.

Today I checked off not one, but TWO big must-do's: taxes and Jamie's graduation.

I met with school officials that have the final say and they assure me that with the new plan that we worked out, Jamie will graduate . . . I realize this IS Jamie's accomplishment . . . but as a mother, it is mine too. My job for the last 18 years has been to help Jamie achieve this goal. For the last couple weeks, this has been threatened and almost looked unattainable. WOOHOO - It's ON and we are counting down the weeks now!!

No comments: